Upgrade don’t rewrite. Where do we put the comma?
We often upgrade and optimize software that was created by other developers, who for various reasons can not support it. In this case the customers decide whether to upgrade the software or order a new one, in favor of updating their current solutions. And here is what we can advise:
Software upgrade by a third company is relevant in cases when:
- New features in existing solutions are needed yesterday.
- Employees are not ready to learn and master new software.
- Resources for automation are limited.
The chosen contractor should at least have:
- An understanding of the industry.
- Successful cases.
- Sufficient resources to work with.
Have you faced a similar question?
Share what your pros and cons were and how you chose the contractor!