Workforce Balance Tool
Field: #Area solutions, #ERP solutions, # Manufacturing
Client: JV Santa Bremor LLC, Belarus
Technologies and tools: #Java, #Spring, #Hybernate, #Jasper Report, #PostgreSQL, #Docker
Our client, the company “Santa Bremor”, is one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. The products are made at 6 modern factories in Belarus and Russia. The company produces over 1000 types of food in 13 categories: herring, redfish, caviar, capelin roe in sauce, spreads, simulated caviar, seafood, surimi products, seaweed products, canned fish, salads, semi-finished dough products, ice cream. The company’s products are purchased in 45 countries.
“Santa Bremor” is a multi-category manufacturer, whose production consists of specialized factory workshops for different seasons. For example, the demand for ice cream and beverages is higher in summer, while fish products are more popular in winter. So, we have developed the Workforce Balance Tool, which optimizes the client’s annual planning of work and rest time for production workers.
The customer did not use to prepare an annual plan for the movement of labor forces at the factory workshops before we implemented the Workforce Balance System. One of the automation goals was to streamline the implementation of the shipment plan during peak demand periods. In addition, guaranteed employment encourages the employees’ confidence in their earnings, improves production discipline and, as a result, increases product quality.
Owing to the cooperation with the client, we successfully solved a difficult task – we automated the employment planning of pieceworker employees, taking into account the following:
- production plans of 14 sites in 6 factory workshops with individual seasonality;
- seasonal demand for workers, which varies from 2600 to 3500 people at different times of the year;
- the timing of employment, shifts, vacations, social and leaves;
- the need to perform annual balancing (building a model of the number of workers and vacation schedule);
- the need to perform monthly rebalancing (recalculation after production plans update);
- human resources management (competence and work experience in specific areas or operations, transfers, vacations, etc.);
- integration with the client’s ERP systems;
- convenience in creating the necessary documents (orders and reports for controlling the current situation and personnel processes).